Re: [Hammock Camping] Bug shirt for hammock

  • Debra Weisenstein
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2004
      Jonas, I did not reinforce the drawtube opening. I originally
      intended to fold a small hem at the opening, but due to a sewing error
      ended up just punching a hold in the netting for the drawcord. No
      problems yet. Your idea for a 10 foot tube seems reasonable, but I
      suspect that a drawcord around the hammock ends may leave enough of a
      hole to admit a few bugs. Not sure about this - let us know when you
      try it. I made mine tapered at the end and sealed it with velcro. I
      use an elastic drawcord for a better seal around a sleeping bag and so
      that I can pull it up and down without moving the drawstring. I think
      non-elastic cord would be better in your case. I would also be
      concerned about reaching the hammock end from inside the hammock to
      seal the 2nd end of the tube, but maybe you're a better gymnast than
      I. Good luck with the project.

      DebW