Frog Sac Field Report

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4 4:02 PM
      Ed et al,

      I just uploaded my 2 month field report of the Frog Sac this weekend.

      *http://tinyurl.com/6kmjy

      What a sweet bag this is turning out to be! It has changed the way that
      I think about summer insulation. One of the best parts of the test has
      been learning how nice it is to have the option to sleep with my feet
      out the other side of the quilt/bag.

      A number of people have asked me about it as I have been camping
      different places this summer. I have also seen them on sale at two
      outfitters. I think this bag is a keeper!

      Risk
      *
    • Bill Fornshell
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4 4:11 PM
        Hi Rick, I wanted to ask you this question when you
        posted those last pictures but never got around to it.
        Do you take your sewing machine with you when you go
        hiking so you can make new stuff in the evenings. I
        noticed your sewing machine in a picture with this
        test report and it reminded me I had forgotten to ask
        about it. Bill in Texas

        PS. Nice review. They are a lot better with a few
        pictures included.

        --- Rick <ra1@...> wrote:

        > Ed et al,
        >
        > I just uploaded my 2 month field report of the Frog
        > Sac this weekend.
        >
        > *http://tinyurl.com/6kmjy
        >
        > What a sweet bag this is turning out to be! It has
        > changed the way that
        > I think about summer insulation. One of the best
        > parts of the test has
        > been learning how nice it is to have the option to
        > sleep with my feet
        > out the other side of the quilt/bag.
        >
        > A number of people have asked me about it as I have
        > been camping
        > different places this summer. I have also seen them
        > on sale at two
        > outfitters. I think this bag is a keeper!
        >
        > Risk

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Risk
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4 6:45 PM
          LOL!

          No, Bill, I can not figure out a way to carry a sewing machine with my
          ultralight pack.

          Wasn't that sewing machine in the picture cool? It was an old antique
          - completely unusable and rusted - But I did keep it in the photo
          because of my interest in sewing.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4 6:52 PM
            Message
            Thanks for a great report Rick!  Well done.  Glad you've liked the Frog Sac.  I see that you too have been finding some unique ways to use it.

            Will you make our campout on the 11th?  Would love to have you and it would be another good chance to test the Frog Sac.......Ed

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5 5:03 AM
              Ed Speer wrote:

              > Thanks for a great report Rick! Well done. Glad you've liked the
              > Frog Sac. I see that you too have been finding some unique ways to
              > use it.
              >
              > Will you make our campout on the 11th? Would love to have you and it
              > would be another good chance to test the Frog Sac.......Ed
              >

              > **
              >
              > **

              I am planning to go to the Kampfire Kampout at Cumberland Gap. Sorry.
              Maybe next time.