Flat Felled Seam for Silnylon Tarp

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3 7:36 AM
      I just finished making another tarp and this time I used a different
      technique for the flat felled seam used to connect the two panels of
      silnylon. The first batch of tarps I made I used the flat felled
      seam described in Ray Jardine's book. It was such a struggle that
      when I made the next batch of tarps I used the technique described in
      Ed Speer's book. Well that was also a struggle for me, so I tried to
      devise my own technique. The primary basis for my technique is how
      to most easily handle the large slippery panels of silnyon while
      sewing. I finally made another tarp and tried it out. I liked it as
      it seemed to be much less of a wrestling match with the slippery
      panels of silnylon. Anyhow, I posted a file showing the basics of
      this technique in the 'Photos' section under my folder for those of
      you that are interested.

      Youngblood
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3 10:40 AM
        Dave, I didn't see the photo you mentioned so I looked in your files
        folder. not there either. where did you put the seam technique?

        Coy Boy

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3 11:54 AM
          > Dave, I didn't see the photo you mentioned so I looked in your
          files
          > folder. not there either. where did you put the seam technique?
          >
          > Coy Boy

          Coy, this should take you there: http://tinyurl.com/3jsa8 .

          Dave
        • Coy
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3 6:53 PM
            My fault Dave, I forgot your folder was under Youngblood. I saw
            DebW and made the DW connection for Dave Wombly. Please ignor me
            like my wife does:')

            Coy Boy