stomach sleeping

  • docteric
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2004
      I've been hammock camping for the past 3 years (Beyer Traveler with
      added bug net). I'm looking to make my own this year - hav looked at
      Speer's, Risk's, etc. My only problem is I tend to sleep on my
      stomach at home and have a hard time falling asleep when camping.

      Does anyone know of a hammockdesign that allows for stomack sleeping?

      Eric
    • mattyg225
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 21, 2004
        I've got a speer hammock, and while I haven't ever slept flat on my
        stomach, I usually sleep on my side / stomach about 3/4 of the way
        over, with my knees slightly tucked and my top shoulder resting on
        the side of the hammock. As another stomach sleeper at home, this
        is usually close enough, and definately does the job after a hard
        hike.

        matt
      • docteric
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 22, 2004
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "mattyg225" <mattyg225@y...>
          wrote:
          > I've got a speer hammock, and while I haven't ever slept flat on
          my
          > stomach, I usually sleep on my side / stomach about 3/4 of the way
          > over, with my knees slightly tucked and my top shoulder resting on
          > the side of the hammock. As another stomach sleeper at home, this
          > is usually close enough, and definately does the job after a hard
          > hike.
          >

          > matt

          Matt,

          Not a bad idea. I'm off to a kayak trip next week. I'll give it a
          try.

          Eric