Re: [Hammock Camping] cleaning hammock gear

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2004
      > Thank man! I never knew this and have never found a good way to
      > clean either silnylon or PU coated stuff. Usually they have just slowly
      > rotted in my closet.

      Another trick is to use ArmorAll on the coated stuff. Just a little. I
      haven't done that in awhile, so an experiment should be done with the modern
      coatings...

      > The only really effective thing I know for any of it is to store it piled
      > loosely in a corner between my bed's headboard and the walls. I do this
      > for my sleeping bags and hammocks too. I think of it as an airbath for
      > the gear ;)

      Sleeping bags should be hung in a closet if synthetic or laid out under the
      bed if they are down. I tend to clean my hammocks once a season, and if I
      don't use them, I air them out about every six or eight weeks for a day. I
      tend to wash my pack every other trip because I don't hike in a shirt so the
      pack gets funky.

      Shane