"The Nest"

  • Douglas Kitchen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2004

      Spent 2 nights out on the Southern half of the AT in CT in my new "Jacks r better" Nest. Extremely enjoyable. I went for the entire package. The "Nest", and "no sniveling" quilt. Got to love these names. Set up was very easy with the directions. I was a little concerned about the velcro opening working, But 1 of the Jacks replied quickly to my e-mail and explained the dynamics to me.
      I wore silk weight Golite poly long underwear. Both nights were in the 50 degree range.
      The 1st night I was amazed at how much more comfortable a hammock is without a pad. Stayed toasty all night.
      2nd night we were on the highest hill in the area 1500', so it was a little breezy. Again toasty all night.
      The only discomfort I felt was a slight coolness at my back. It was'nt cold from the bottom because when I was on my side I did not feel it. I think it must have been a damp long underwear top (from sweat) that caused a cold spot.
      Using their skins, setup and taking down was a snap.
      This was my nicest and warmest experience yet in my Hennessey Ultralight A-Sym.
      The Nest and No sniveling quilt are a 2 piece down sleep system. A quilt for inside and an external quilt that attaches with bungees to envelop the sleeping area. Hammock and sleep system combined are 4.44 lbs.
      here is the URL.