Re: [Hammock Camping] RE: Staying dry

  • Steve McBride
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2004
      Andrew,

      When and where are you going in the Fall? I'll be in the GSMNP in late October doing some hammock camping. In the past I have found the woods there to be dense enough that wind is usually not a big factor, even though the rain can be. It doesn't take a lot of tarp to protect you. I use a Speer-type hammock with a 5' x 10' tarp and have had no problems.

      Steve M