Ed & Karen return from Boundary Waters

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hi gang. Just wanted to let you know we've returned form our 2-week
      canoe trip to Boundary Waters. Karen and I had a blast--will soon
      post some pictures. See the upcoming Aug Hammock Camping Newsletter
      for my trip report--should be posted tonight or tomorrow. Speer
      Hammocks will reopen tomorrow Aug 2nd; thanks for your patience while
      I was gone most of July.

      It's sure going to be hard getting back into the routine of work
      after this vacation! We saw moose, deer, loons, eagles, and much
      more. The pristine glacial lakes were a real treat. This was Karen's
      first trip and my sixth--we both plan to return again as soon as
      possible!

      Thanks Shane for monitoring the List while we were gone. I haven't
      yet had the chance to review the July posts, but apparently
      everything went well. Over all, this List is extremely well behaved--
      thanks to the greatest List members on Yahoo!

      Will have more about our trip once we get the chance to unpack and
      resettle in the house.....Ed
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004
        Cant wait for the pics! sounds like my kin of trip. What did yall
        use, camoe, kayak, newer ultralight moddles. report on all pahses of
        trip ie portages, fishimg, and of course hanging.

        Coy Boy
        PS where is the August newsletter LOL (no rest for the weary)

        > Hi gang. Just wanted to let you know we've returned form our 2-week
        > canoe trip to Boundary Waters. Karen and I had a blast--will soon
        > post some pictures. See the upcoming Aug Hammock Camping Newsletter
        > for my trip report--should be posted tonight or tomorrow. Speer
        > Hammocks will reopen tomorrow Aug 2nd; thanks for your patience
        while
        > I was gone most of July.
        >
        > It's sure going to be hard getting back into the routine of work
        > after this vacation! We saw moose, deer, loons, eagles, and much
        > more. The pristine glacial lakes were a real treat. This was
        Karen's
        > first trip and my sixth--we both plan to return again as soon as
        > possible!
        >
        > Thanks Shane for monitoring the List while we were gone. I haven't
        > yet had the chance to review the July posts, but apparently
        > everything went well. Over all, this List is extremely well
        behaved--
        > thanks to the greatest List members on Yahoo!
        >
        > Will have more about our trip once we get the chance to unpack and
        > resettle in the house.....Ed
      • Risk
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
          > Hi gang. Just wanted to let you know we've returned form our 2-week
          > canoe trip to Boundary Waters. Karen and I had a blast--will soon
          > post some pictures.

          Ed,

          Great! I have always liked the BWCA and, as you know, it is perfect
          for hammock camping. I look forward to the pictures.