change fold, bug net still fit?

  • mindrehab248
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2004
      Hi. I've got a homemade Speer hammock (from the kit).
      I've read with interest the discussions about changing around the
      way the material is gathered or folded to provide a flatter hammock
      spread. (Either Ray's catenary method or Risk's folding method.) My
      concern is that if the sides are flatter, the bug net won't stay
      velcroed to the hammock body. Has anyone had experience with this? I
      can definitely see an advantage to Risk's draped bug net in this
      circumstance.
      Thanks for any insight you can provide!
      Patrick