off topic but I have a question

  • atc2099
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2004
      I know that my question going to be off topic. I was wondering if it
      is possible to use a home faucet mounted water filter out camping
      wher there is only a stream or lake as a water source? Would it be
      safe or even doable? I know that I can attach my PUR faucet filter to
      a garden hose, but afetr that I have no clue.

      Thank you
      Andrew
      Scoutmaster Troop 359
      Cardinal District
    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2004
        Over on backpackgeartest.org they have reviews on a couple of
        gravity feed systems
        Ralph Oborn
        Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 353 Pocatello
        I used to be an antelope...

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "atc2099" <owllorddraco@w...>

      • Thomas Peltier@Goldenautomotive.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
          Yes, there are a few on the market now and very light when you eliminate
          the pump. They have their place but they are not for everyone or
          everything.

          Tom