Re: Former camper returning to the woods with questions

  • dlfrost_1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24 1:59 PM
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "moneymakerjk1"
      <moneymakerjk1@y...> wrote:
      > If I wanted to reseal the tarp what would I use?
      > Urethane from Lowes? or from a hardware store? Most of the spray
      stuff
      > I have seen is silicone. Suggestions?

      Campmor.com such sell stuff to bolster warn urathane coatings.
      Kenyon sells K+Kote Recoat, for example. There are probably others.

      You might also consider using 3ml. plastic for forest camping. It's
      dirt cleap, it lets the light in, and it's easy to modify if you want.

      When protection from sun is needed, you can use Tyvek sheeting--a
      topic that has been covered here before. Go to Google and enter
      "tyvek tarp" for more info.

      Doug Frost