Re: Hammocking Scouters

  • Tripp Clark
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 20, 2004
      Hammock camping is catching on with Scouters in the midlands of
      South Carolina. I am lodge adviser for the Order of the Arrow lodge
      here, and we have a few hundred members from all of the troups in
      the 8 county area. At our summer fellowship last year, we had
      special offers from Hennessy and Speer Hammocks, had several
      hammocks set up for folks to try out, and Ed Speer graciously came
      down for the weekend to help us "pitch" hammock camping (THANKS
      ED!!!). We had lots of interest! Now we have more than 20 local
      Scouters that are converted hammock campers! The event evaluations
      showed this as a very popular topic with our Scouts and Scouters.