Re: [Hammock Camping] Military Jungle Hammocks

  • Bill Fornshell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
      I have 2 that are the Real thing. I got them while in
      the Army back in 1967 or so. They weigh about 24oz.
      I removed the small tarp that came with it and used it
      with a Moss Heptawing. I still have both of them but
      now use a Speer Hammock made out of Silk and a much
      lighter tarp. I like a couple of the ideas used on
      the Army Hammock and will make a hammock using the
      parts of it that I like on one made out of lighter
      silnylon someday. I had a picture of one of mine in a
      photo album here at one time. I don't know if it is
      still there.

      --- Ralph Heimlich <heimlichfamily@...>

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129jiu4si/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1089843905/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail