tarps

  • o123david <o123david@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
      The Hennessy hammocks come with a diamond-shaped tarp.
      The Ultralight comes with a tarp 78" wide in the middle and 125" long.
      Does it keep you dry or would a larger and heavier rectangular tarp
      be better? --David
    • Susan Turner <HammockHanger@attbi.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
        The tarp supplied with the HH-UL is fine. In a heavy rain tie the
        tarp down close to the sides. I slept thru a number of really bad
        storms. Emerged the next morning safe and dry. The hammock on the
        ASYM model is even larger. Do not have the exact measurments but is
        30% larger.

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "o123david <o123david@y...>"
        <o123david@y...> wrote:
        > The Hennessy hammocks come with a diamond-shaped tarp.
        > The Ultralight comes with a tarp 78" wide in the middle and 125"
        long.
        > Does it keep you dry or would a larger and heavier rectangular tarp
        > be better? --David
      • David Chinell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
          David:

          In my experience, the stock tarps are just big enough to
          keep you dry when it's pouring. You can pull the hammock to
          one side to make a space to cook, but it's cramped.

          I much prefer an 8 x 8 foot tarp. That gives me enough room
          to move around under the tarp even when it's raining hard,
          without risking getting my hammock wet.

          Even when I take an HH into the woods, I substitute the
          stock tarp with one of my own.

          Bear

          The Hennessy hammocks come with a diamond-shaped tarp.
          The Ultralight comes with a tarp 78" wide in the middle and
          125" long.
          Does it keep you dry or would a larger and heavier
          rectangular tarp
          be better? --David

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Marge Prothman
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
            The tarp on my Explorer Ultralite A-Sym is 11' x 7' on the diagonal.
            It seems to have plenty of coverage over my hammock. I have not slept in
            the rain yet, but have sat on the hammock part as a seat, while it rained
            one day.

            I sure do not want anything heavier to carry. My set up is 2 lbs 3 oz, the
            same as
            my silnylon Europa Tent. My tarp tent for two ends up being the heavier of
            the 3 items.

            Cheers, Marge