Re: Speer Hammocks closed for rest of July

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2004
      What do the spelunkers hang their hammocks from? They don't use
      stalagmite huggers do they? :]

      Ralph

      -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer" <ed@s...> wrote:
      > Yeah! It's vacation time!!! Speer Hammocks will be closed until
      Aug
      > 2 while we go on a much needed vacation. Karen and I are going
      > canoeing in Boundry Waters--yes we're taking our hammocks of
      course.
      > I'm leaving first to show hammocks next week at the National
      > Speological Society's annual shindig in northern Michigan. Karen's
      > flying up next weekend and then we're heading to northern
      Minnesota
      > for some prime canoeing, fishing and hammocking!
      >
      > We'll be back manning the phones and taking orders on Aug 2.
      >
      > Hope everyone has a great July and plans to attend our next SEHHA
      > campout on Sep 11. Find out more at:
      > http://speerhammocks.com/Assets/RainbowSpringsSep04.htm
      >
      > Shane are you still offering to babysit the list for us for a
      while?

      > All the best...Ed
    • Shane Steinkamp
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11, 2004
        > Shane are you still offering to babysit the list for us for a
        > while?

        Yes, sir. I will crack the whip on these slackers while you're gone. No
        worries.

        Shane Steinkamp
        Hammock Camping Assistant Moderator
      • Ralph Oborn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11, 2004
          Isn't there a thread around somewhere on proper tensioning to get
          the slack out? Didn't you make a video or something? :]
          Ralph