Whipping

  • beentomadrid
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2004
      I have a cotton cloth hammock I'm experimenting with in my yard and
      tried a variation of the Risk whipping method. I put one double
      constrictor knot next to the folded, hemmed end (using cheap 1/4"
      nylon cord). I cinched it up extremely tight by taking the loose
      ends and pile hitching them to two pieces of rebar (one on each
      loose end). Then I pushed with my feet on one and pulled with my
      hands on the other to make it untie-able. I wrapped the loose ends
      around to the other side and tied them off with a square knot.
      Ahead of this constrictor knot, and somewhat on top of it, I put a
      larks head with some polypropylene rope. The double constrictor
      knot used about 1/2" of hammock length and the larks head about
      another 3/4". It works great. I would suspect you could put
      webbing with a larks head right on top of the knot and against the
      bundled, hemmed hammock end to reduce the total width of the end
      attachment system.

      Doug Campbell