Re: How to Make a Bivy from a Hammock? Magic Triangle Secret

  • ciyd01
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2004
      Welcome to the group! Be sure to post trip reports and descriptions
      of any new things you try, whether they work or not. We love to
      tinker and you'll see folks trying and revising stuff all the time.

      > Thge magic triangle is the secret no one told me about. For a
      > groundcloth get a peice of Tyvek.

      If you can't get hold of tyvek, I like to use a lawn and garden trash
      bag slit down the sides. The plastic is much heavier than most
      kitchen trash bags and is formulated to survive sticks and thorns.
      You can get a box or roll of them at any Home
      Depot/Lowe's/Walmart/Target/(insert discount chain store here). They
      roll up small and weigh very little.

      ciyd
      "If we do not hang together, we will surely hang separately"