folding, gathering, rolliing ends of the hammock

  • bill_zorb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7 9:16 AM
      Hello everyone,

      I'm new to this group. I've used a Clark hammock and a Hennessy, but
      got the bug to make a hammock.

      I made a Speer type hammock, but I wasn't totally happy with the end
      configuration. In an attempt to create more open ends (as I percieve
      the Hennessy to have),I untied the knots and tried several
      alternative ways of gathering the end material.

      First I tried 2 variations of the folding technique described by Risk
      for his test hammock. This gave a shape I liked, but buried the
      velcro loop strip inside the hammock where I can't get at it to
      attach the bug net.

      Next I tried to roll the ends by folding the ends under to the center
      and then rolling the edges in toward the center. This leaves the
      velcro loop strip on the outside, but the end shape, while it works,
      seems to be inverted.

      The other problem with these alternative ways of forming the ends is
      that they make it very difficult or impossible to pull out (shorten)
      the sides to make them less loose, as in the Speer method.

      Any thoughts or suggestions? What has worked for others?

      Great group, thanks, Bill