new to the whole idea of hammock camping

  • pbasch1952
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2004
      WOW! you folks have got me scared to death! <VBG> Really just wanted
      some general info and advice. am reading about knots, sewing, making
      your own hammock. I am not very handy. Is there a hammock out there
      that can sleep a side sleeper, AND a 40lb dog? Looking foward to your
      advice and comments! thanks, Patti
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2004
        hi Patti,

        The side sleeping is no biggy. I do it all the time in my Hennesey
        but the dog is another question. I also have a dog I hike with quite
        often (she's about 35lbs) and I have yet to try her in the hammock.
        I think her nails would damage the fabric and I don't think either of
        us would sleep too well. She likes to sleep at my feet in the bottom
        of my bag but in the hammock I do not use a bag and my feet are
        somewhat elevated. We had a little discussion about options for dogs
        under the hammock a month or so ago. You might want to check past
        messages for that.

        Good luck, if you find a solution let us know.

        jamie in az

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "pbasch1952" <pbasch@m...>