Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 568

  • uluheman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2004
      Miguel--

      Sorry to say I don't know what strength spectra line I used. I haven't kept=
      such excellent
      records and have changed lines from time to time. Nor was there much info o=
      n the cloth.
      The purple scrap from the sailmaker was just a lucky purchase and the somew=
      hat lighter
      nylon I used for the large hammock was some surplus "high thread count" mat=
      erial from
      an outdoor fabric company, probably Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics. Each was cl=
      early strong
      enough for what I had in mind and nowhere near as light as 1.9 oz silnylon.=
      Though I've
      used these hammocks for backpacking, because they're a little heavy I've te=
      nded to
      relegate them to other outdoor uses, such as car camping or dayhikes.

      For most backpacking, I use Hennessy hammocks. I have one of the earliest m=
      odels and
      one of the first Ultralights, and I've won many converts to hammock hiking =
      by lending
      them to partners over the years.

      Brandon