Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 568

  • 2swans2
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2004
      From: "2swans2" <2swans2@...>
      To: <hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 10:48 AM
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 568

      > this email came to us--we don't know a brandon. thanks.

    • uluheman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2004
        Miguel--

        Sorry to say I don't know what strength spectra line I used. I haven't kept=
        such excellent
        records and have changed lines from time to time. Nor was there much info o=
        n the cloth.
        The purple scrap from the sailmaker was just a lucky purchase and the somew=
        hat lighter
        nylon I used for the large hammock was some surplus "high thread count" mat=
        erial from
        an outdoor fabric company, probably Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics. Each was cl=
        early strong
        enough for what I had in mind and nowhere near as light as 1.9 oz silnylon.=
        Though I've
        used these hammocks for backpacking, because they're a little heavy I've te=
        nded to
        relegate them to other outdoor uses, such as car camping or dayhikes.

        For most backpacking, I use Hennessy hammocks. I have one of the earliest m=
        odels and
        one of the first Ultralights, and I've won many converts to hammock hiking =
        by lending
        them to partners over the years.

        Brandon