Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 568

  • 2swans2
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2004
      this email came to us--we don't know a brandon. thanks.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2004
        > this email came to us--we don't know a brandon. thanks.

      • uluheman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2004
          Miguel--

          Sorry to say I don't know what strength spectra line I used. I haven't kept=
          such excellent
          records and have changed lines from time to time. Nor was there much info o=
          n the cloth.
          The purple scrap from the sailmaker was just a lucky purchase and the somew=
          hat lighter
          nylon I used for the large hammock was some surplus "high thread count" mat=
          erial from
          an outdoor fabric company, probably Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics. Each was cl=
          early strong
          enough for what I had in mind and nowhere near as light as 1.9 oz silnylon.=
          Though I've
          used these hammocks for backpacking, because they're a little heavy I've te=
          nded to
          relegate them to other outdoor uses, such as car camping or dayhikes.

          For most backpacking, I use Hennessy hammocks. I have one of the earliest m=
          odels and
          one of the first Ultralights, and I've won many converts to hammock hiking =
          by lending
          them to partners over the years.

          Brandon