Re: I've done it now.

  • Lenny Nichols
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2004

      I was looking for something lightweight and got a Hennessy Hammock. I found it to be so comfortable, that even if it wasn't lighter than my tent, I'd be using it. Enjoy!

      Lenny Nichols

    • ciyd01
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2004
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Paul <nessmuk91@y...> wrote:
        > Now that I'm hammocked instead of
        > hummocked, all I need look for is 2 trees, what is
        > beneath is of little concern. A pretty easy task here
        > in the northeast.

        Take it from me, you do need to look at what is beneath. Nothing
        like an azalea branch sticking you in the butt or the back to remind
        you of that. ;-) My first few site selections left something to be
        desired.

        Seriously, Paul is right, the only thing you have to watch out for is
        small shrubs directly under the hammock. I've pitched my HH on very
        steep hillsides where there were no flat spots or the one or two
        flatt-ish spots were left for those poor suckers who insist on
        sleeping on the ground - and spent the night sliding downhill in
        their tents.

        You are going to love your HH. For warm weather, you don't need as
        much under insulation and you can use your sleeping bag as a quilt.
        Try it out in the backyard get your sleeping system set.

        Have fun!
        ciyd
      • Ken Harmon
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2004
          Back in April a friend and I kayaked down a river for 135 miles. We
          camped out 4 nights along the way. I used a HH Asym and my friend
          had an old canvas hammock. Two of the nights the temps were in the
          upper 40's and the other two nights were 38 and 34 degrees. A down
          sleeping bag and a Therma-rest pad did the trick. I was as warm as
          the proverbial bug-in-a-rug. Both of us snore rather loudly and we
          could put 50 feet between us without a problem.

          If you click on the photos section, check out "Ken on the Pee Dee"
          to see two of our camp sites.

          You won't regret getting a hammock. I now have four. -Ken

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "tell you later"