Re: [Hammock Camping] Re. 4.3oz hamock

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2004
      > 'If you REALLY want to confuse matters, try expressing your fabric
      > weight in terms of grams/sq. cm.'
      >
      > Well, just look at this:
      >
      > 1 yard = 3 ft = 36 in and 1 lb = 16 oz (1 in = 25.4 mm, 1 oz ~ 28.3 g)
      > or
      > 1 m = 10 dm = 100 cm = 1000 mm and 1 kg = 1000 g
      > I know what system I think is easier to use...

      Ok, now this is starting to sound like the stove nuts... Ya'll are scarin'
      me...

      Shane
    • Mirage
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2004
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Shane" <shane@t...> wrote:
        > Ok, now this is starting to sound like the stove nuts... Ya'll
        are scarin'
        > me...
        >
        > Shane

        Me too, and I already bowed in humble apology for my erroneous
        calculations...

        Back to the point, 4.3oz is still a dang light hammock!

        Shane "Mirage"...
      • ra1@imrisk.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2004
          Quoting Shane <shane@...>:

          > > 'If you REALLY want to confuse matters, try expressing your fabric
          > > weight in terms of grams/sq. cm.'
          > >
          > > Well, just look at this:
          > >
          > > 1 yard = 3 ft = 36 in and 1 lb = 16 oz (1 in = 25.4 mm, 1 oz ~ 28.3 g)
          > > or
          > > 1 m = 10 dm = 100 cm = 1000 mm and 1 kg = 1000 g
          > > I know what system I think is easier to use...
          >
          > Ok, now this is starting to sound like the stove nuts... Ya'll are scarin'
          > me...
          >
          > Shane

          Yeah, but we already got our hammock group! (Shane began a stoves group when we
          started talking technical about stoves.)