Thanks for the help & I'm back

  • billmoody1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2004
      To those who responded from message 6035 to 6038 (Risk,
      BillF.,JeremyP,Youngblood & later Rambler and Chet)---THANKS !!
      I was able to complete (with the help of a patient wife) the two
      10x10 tarps I needed for the Boy Scout trip to Colorado. It rained 3
      out of the 5 days we were on the trail.The tarps were a lifesaver to
      cook under for the two groups of 8 people. There were many,many,
      compliments about their lightweight and watershedding ablity. We made
      it up to 12,300 ft. in the Indian Peaks Wilderness. I am slowly
      turning some "old heavyweight scoutmasters" (55lb packs)
      into "lighterweighters"- I'm now at age 53 and its leightweight or
      die. I used no grosgain around the edge as per Risk. I did use
      reinforcing nylon at all 10 tieouts.--In about 3 weeks I'll start on
      a double bottom Speer variant. Now--do I make a catenary cut tarp or
      a rectangular 8x10.
      Many thanks---Wild Bill