RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Yellowstone Natl. Park

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004

      Sigh. The GC, my favorite place on Earth, is not hammock-friendly. It gets such heavy use the rangers are very diligent about zero perceived impact on vegetation. I have been many, many places in the Canyon and I can think of few where it would be easy to hang one, except for the trees on and just below the rims. I am sure there are folks on this list who could rig ingenious ways of suspending hammocks from rocks, but you would have to have long straps.

      Marsanne

      .  Where would you hang your hammock?

      In October I will be swimming in the pool on the August, 2004 cover of Backpacker.

      Dick Matthews
      - I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.