Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Yellowstone Natl. Park

  • Dick Matthews
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
      Xanterra reservations is located in Saudi Aurora, Colorado.  They also handle reservations for the Grand Canyon. I was making reservations for stew dinner at Phanton Ranch once and the agent confessed that she had never been to Phantom Ranch.

      Just maybe the person that made your reservations has never seen the campground or a camping hammock.  I must be having a bad day.  Please forgive the negative energy.

      Dick Matthews
      If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
      -- Unknown.

      rosaleen43@... wrote:

       Matt-

      What a screamer!!!

      Hubby and I are heading for Yellowstone next week, as well.

      I have several campsite nights booked through Zanterra (sp?) Resorts.  At the time of booking, I asked about hammocks.  The gal taking my reservation asked another person there, and we were told it is OK.  Our reservation confirmation actually states that we have requested sites that will have trees for hammocking. (We will see what happens.  I am bringing a GoLite Trig 2 for backup.  I am testing it for BGT, anyway, and hope to be able to use both systems over the course of two weeks.)

      FYI-If you are around that long, have access to a car, AND are interested in the Mountain Men of yesterday:  The second weekend of July is when Pinedale, WY, has its annual Mountain Man Rendezvous.  The town is home to the Museum of the Mountain Man.  Check it out.

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

      From: "mattyg225" <mattyg225@...>
      Subject: Yellowstone Natl. Park

      I am heading out to Yellowstone next week for two weeks.  I was
      wondering if anyone has been out there recently, and if it is
      usually possible to use a hammock at the designated camp sites they
      make you stay at.

      thanks,
      matt

    • firefly

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
          Marsanne,

          The stew dinner is great.  There are interesting people from all over the world in the Canteen after dinner.  Where would you hang your hammock?

          In October I will be swimming in the pool on the August, 2004 cover of Backpacker.

          Dick Matthews
          - I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.