Osprey Aether 60, $160 at Altrec.com

  • dlfrost_1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2004
      Osprey Aether 60
      3700cu.in., 3lb.6oz. (medium)

      If you've been looking for a deal on this pack, Altrec.com has it for
      $170 shipped ground. They have it in both blue and green. (The Solo
      add-on pocket has free-shipping, but they are out of stock right
      now.) This is a good pack if you want something with a real
      suspension rather than those syl-nylon rucksacks they're selling to
      ultralighters.

      You have to turn on cookies and sign up before you can buy. Be sure
      to check/verify your torso size as well as your hipbelt size before
      ordering. You can special order a different hipbelt size than the
      one that accompanies the pack--call up the online help (available
      during regular business hours) and tell the person what you want
      after you've made the purchase. They will need your order number.

      I ordered one, of course. (Been using Osprey packs for 20 years.)
      And my Western Mountaineering UltraLite is finally on its way (took
      em 2 months--they are wayyy behind on backorders). Once I get these
      bad boys in play all the load-lightening gear upgrades will be
      finished. YeeHawwww.

      And then the weather will turn lousy. ;-)

      Doug Frost