Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: 7th SEHHA Campout--Hot Springs, NC  Jun 12, 2004

  • karens62@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2004
      <<When are you gong to make a couples hammock? weight wouldn't be a big issue when snuggling is involved.>>

      Having given this lots of thought, I really don't think a couples hammock would be very comfortable, using a Speer type hammock. I liken it to an old mattress where you both sink towards the center. You aren't lying next to each, you're lying into each other. Nice for cuddling, not so optimal for sleeping, especially when muscles are sore from hiking.

      We even find that if the feet of our hammocks are too close together, it isn't as comfortable as when they hang nicely beside each other. If you manage to hang both hammocks at the same height, cuddling is not only possible, its very easy. I won't get into details.... you'll just have to trust me.

      The weekend in Hot Springs was great - thanks to everyone for coming. We missed those of you who couldn't make it, but maybe next time.

      Karen