[Hammock Camping] Re: reinforcements at the tie-outs?

  • rambler4466
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 11, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "rambler4466"
      <rambler4466@h...> wrote:
      > > Thanks for your suggestions and help, Dave et al. Ray Jardin's
      book on tarps suggests a triangel of silnylon, starting with a
      rectangle 7" x 3 1/2>", cutting it into a isoceles (2 sides of equal
      length) triangle. He hems the two sides, but not the 7" base. He
      then sews the apex into the ridge line seam and down along the
      sides. He does this before he hems the outer edges. Thus, when he
      does hem the edge, the bottom of his reinforcement patch is folded
      then stitched into the hem as the hem itself is stitched. He also
      reinforces the patch by sewing more lines along the ridge line.
      (the ridge line seam runs down the middle of his tarp set up)> Oware
      uses similar reinforcements. Rats, I was hoping to get away with
      less sewing! BTW The Speer hammock is easy to make! Thanks
      Ed. Yahoo! Groups Sponsor