Ray Mears Camping Hammock--new!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2004
      A new camping hammock system has just come to my attention! That's 3
      new ones in just the past two months! Check this one out at:
      http://www.pyramidbodyguards.co.uk/raymears.htm

      My list of camping hammock manufacturers now numbers 17! The rapid
      increase in manufacturers is a testiment to the growing popularity of
      hammock camping! See the full list at:
      http://www.hammockcamping.com/Links/Links.htm

      This new design is from the British survival instructor Ray Mears!
      The entire system w/ hammock, bugnet and tarp weighs 4.1 lbs, but is
      well designed for rugged use.

      Of special interest to me are the suggested hanging strap knots given
      on the Ray Mears Hints and Tips page:
      http://www.pyramidbodyguards.co.uk/raymears/hintsandtips.asp
      This may offer a neat alternative way to attach to trees

      Check it out and let me know what you think....Ed