Re: responding2Spam

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
      Since they send out a lot of the spam blindly (not the list ones,
      but personal) if you respond then they now know they have a live
      target, especiallly if you respond to their don't bother me reply.
      Its insidious. best to grit your teeth and ignore, and never never
      ever use any product so advertised, they only do it because it works
      for drumming up business.
      Ralph

      > Friends,
      > It annoys me that we keep getting spammed, but here is what I have
      learned:
      > The jerks that do this hit and run and don't care if we're mad, or
      if they'
      > re banned. They only care that we respond. So it makes sense to me
      that we
      > all do our best to bite our tongues, do not respond at all, and
      let Ed just
      > delete and block. Maybe that will work. A computer geek friend of
      mine told
      > me it should.
      > Marsanne
    • SF Nazdarovye
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
        I'm starting to wonder if they've cracked the Yahoo group signup
        process with a dictionary attack (basically, signing up lots of random
        addresses with short words from the dictionary - just like the ones
        embedded in the graphic you have to read to sign up for a group - until
        they get through by chance). Otherwise, someone's sure got a lot of
        time on their hands...

        Either way, I hope companies and the government get serious about
        stopping spam asap - the CAN-SPAM act was a joke.