RE: [Hammock Camping] responding2Spam

  • Brian MacMillin
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004

      And the greatest part is that it was a dead link…..

      Best Regards,

      Brian MacMillin

      OutdoorEquipmentSupplier

      oes@...

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
        Since they send out a lot of the spam blindly (not the list ones,
        but personal) if you respond then they now know they have a live
        target, especiallly if you respond to their don't bother me reply.
        Its insidious. best to grit your teeth and ignore, and never never
        ever use any product so advertised, they only do it because it works
        for drumming up business.
        Ralph

        > Friends,
        > It annoys me that we keep getting spammed, but here is what I have
        learned:
        > The jerks that do this hit and run and don't care if we're mad, or
        if they'
        > re banned. They only care that we respond. So it makes sense to me
        that we
        > all do our best to bite our tongues, do not respond at all, and
        let Ed just
        > delete and block. Maybe that will work. A computer geek friend of
        mine told
        > me it should.
        > Marsanne
      • SF Nazdarovye
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
          I'm starting to wonder if they've cracked the Yahoo group signup
          process with a dictionary attack (basically, signing up lots of random
          addresses with short words from the dictionary - just like the ones
          embedded in the graphic you have to read to sign up for a group - until
          they get through by chance). Otherwise, someone's sure got a lot of
          time on their hands...

          Either way, I hope companies and the government get serious about
          stopping spam asap - the CAN-SPAM act was a joke.