responding2Spam

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004

      Friends,

      It annoys me that we keep getting spammed, but here is what I have learned: The jerks that do this hit and run and don’t care if we’re mad, or if they’re banned. They only care that we respond. So it makes sense to me that we all do our best to bite our tongues, do not respond at all, and let Ed just delete and block. Maybe that will work. A computer geek friend of mine told me it should.

      Marsanne

    • Brian MacMillin
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004

        And the greatest part is that it was a dead link…..

        Best Regards,

        Brian MacMillin

        OutdoorEquipmentSupplier

        oes@...

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
          Since they send out a lot of the spam blindly (not the list ones,
          but personal) if you respond then they now know they have a live
          target, especiallly if you respond to their don't bother me reply.
          Its insidious. best to grit your teeth and ignore, and never never
          ever use any product so advertised, they only do it because it works
          for drumming up business.
          Ralph

          > Friends,
          > It annoys me that we keep getting spammed, but here is what I have
          learned:
          > The jerks that do this hit and run and don't care if we're mad, or
          if they'
          > re banned. They only care that we respond. So it makes sense to me
          that we
          > all do our best to bite our tongues, do not respond at all, and
          let Ed just
          > delete and block. Maybe that will work. A computer geek friend of
          mine told
          > me it should.
          > Marsanne
        • SF Nazdarovye
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
            I'm starting to wonder if they've cracked the Yahoo group signup
            process with a dictionary attack (basically, signing up lots of random
            addresses with short words from the dictionary - just like the ones
            embedded in the graphic you have to read to sign up for a group - until
            they get through by chance). Otherwise, someone's sure got a lot of
            time on their hands...

            Either way, I hope companies and the government get serious about
            stopping spam asap - the CAN-SPAM act was a joke.