[Hammock Camping] Re: Nest

  • Mirage
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 5 8:34 AM

      > For *much* easier long term searching of the list you might want to try:
      >
      > http://news.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.culture.backpacking
      >
      > Rick

      Unfortunately, I only got hammockcammping started on Gmane in early May.

      If anyone has saved the email archives from this list, I (or Rick I imagine) can get them
      imported into Gmane for our searching pleasure.

      Shane "Mirage"...
    • firefly
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 5 5:33 PM

        Friends,

        It annoys me that we keep getting spammed, but here is what I have learned: The jerks that do this hit and run and don’t care if we’re mad, or if they’re banned. They only care that we respond. So it makes sense to me that we all do our best to bite our tongues, do not respond at all, and let Ed just delete and block. Maybe that will work. A computer geek friend of mine told me it should.

        Marsanne

      • Brian MacMillin
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 5 5:36 PM

          And the greatest part is that it was a dead link…..

          Best Regards,

          Brian MacMillin

          OutdoorEquipmentSupplier

          oes@...

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 5 10:20 PM
            Since they send out a lot of the spam blindly (not the list ones,
            but personal) if you respond then they now know they have a live
            target, especiallly if you respond to their don't bother me reply.
            Its insidious. best to grit your teeth and ignore, and never never
            ever use any product so advertised, they only do it because it works
            for drumming up business.
            Ralph

            > Friends,
            > It annoys me that we keep getting spammed, but here is what I have
            learned:
            > The jerks that do this hit and run and don't care if we're mad, or
            if they'
            > re banned. They only care that we respond. So it makes sense to me
            that we
            > all do our best to bite our tongues, do not respond at all, and
            let Ed just
            > delete and block. Maybe that will work. A computer geek friend of
            mine told
            > me it should.
            > Marsanne
          • SF Nazdarovye
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 5 10:30 PM
              I'm starting to wonder if they've cracked the Yahoo group signup
              process with a dictionary attack (basically, signing up lots of random
              addresses with short words from the dictionary - just like the ones
              embedded in the graphic you have to read to sign up for a group - until
              they get through by chance). Otherwise, someone's sure got a lot of
              time on their hands...

              Either way, I hope companies and the government get serious about
              stopping spam asap - the CAN-SPAM act was a joke.