[Hammock Camping] Re: Nest

  • ccp5655
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "firefly" <firefly@e...> wrote:
      > Clark,
      > Plug "MacCat" into the archives and read posts in February and March
      about
      > several of us raving about them. Also, look in the photos section
      here. In a
      > nutshell, they shed rain and wind much better than the HH tarp, and
      don't
      > have that obnoxious wind flap noise. The pics I posted are under gusty
      > winds, and there was no noise.
      > Marsanne

      Thanks everyone. I had tried a search of the archives, but I guess I
      didn't get back far enough.

      Clark
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
        ccp5655 wrote:

        >Thanks everyone. I had tried a search of the archives, but I guess I
        >didn't get back far enough.
        >
        >Clark

        Hi Clark,

        For *much* easier long term searching of the list you might want to try:

        http://news.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.culture.backpacking

        Rick
      • Mirage
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004

          > For *much* easier long term searching of the list you might want to try:
          >
          > http://news.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.culture.backpacking
          >
          > Rick

          Unfortunately, I only got hammockcammping started on Gmane in early May.

          If anyone has saved the email archives from this list, I (or Rick I imagine) can get them
          imported into Gmane for our searching pleasure.

          Shane "Mirage"...
        • firefly
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004

            Friends,

            It annoys me that we keep getting spammed, but here is what I have learned: The jerks that do this hit and run and don’t care if we’re mad, or if they’re banned. They only care that we respond. So it makes sense to me that we all do our best to bite our tongues, do not respond at all, and let Ed just delete and block. Maybe that will work. A computer geek friend of mine told me it should.

            Marsanne

          • Brian MacMillin
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004

              And the greatest part is that it was a dead link…..

              Best Regards,

              Brian MacMillin

              OutdoorEquipmentSupplier

              oes@...

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
                Since they send out a lot of the spam blindly (not the list ones,
                but personal) if you respond then they now know they have a live
                target, especiallly if you respond to their don't bother me reply.
                Its insidious. best to grit your teeth and ignore, and never never
                ever use any product so advertised, they only do it because it works
                for drumming up business.
                Ralph

                > Friends,
                > It annoys me that we keep getting spammed, but here is what I have
                learned:
                > The jerks that do this hit and run and don't care if we're mad, or
                if they'
                > re banned. They only care that we respond. So it makes sense to me
                that we
                > all do our best to bite our tongues, do not respond at all, and
                let Ed just
                > delete and block. Maybe that will work. A computer geek friend of
                mine told
                > me it should.
                > Marsanne
              • SF Nazdarovye
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
                  I'm starting to wonder if they've cracked the Yahoo group signup
                  process with a dictionary attack (basically, signing up lots of random
                  addresses with short words from the dictionary - just like the ones
                  embedded in the graphic you have to read to sign up for a group - until
                  they get through by chance). Otherwise, someone's sure got a lot of
                  time on their hands...

                  Either way, I hope companies and the government get serious about
                  stopping spam asap - the CAN-SPAM act was a joke.