Hammock "Kits"

  • geoflyfisher <geoflyfisher@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2003
      No, I do not sell kits. (However I will order all the stuff for you
      if you give me $70 on top of the cost!.... just kidding... I build
      Greenland paddles for my spare change, not hammock kits... *However*
      that is open to change if enough of you can't order for yourselves!)

      Ahem... Back to the story:

      I was about to send away for the material for a second Speer hammock,
      modified to have a wind shell. I went to my favorite fabric internet
      sites and found the right item numbers and prices for both vendors.
      Prices are current as of 12 Feb 2003. Both were pretty close in
      price and much better than I could do at the fabric store here.
      (Even if I could get all the stuff!)
      Note that these are the list prices and I did not attempt to bargain
      at all.

      Here is the link to the buy lists:

      http://www.flyfisher-kayaks.com/ultralite/ultrahammockkit.htm

      If you have been considering the build route, the list may be helpful
      in your purchase.

      It should be noted that the amounts of cloth listed are for my 6' 185
      lb example. I have included enough silnylon for a 10 x 10 foot tarp
      and for an extra 3 yards for an insulating shell. Velcro is for
      attaching both the shell and the netting at the same time. I did not
      include cord for the tarp or the thick ribbon tie outs that I use. I
      just got my Spectra Pulse line from West Marine and am very pleased
      with that product. (It's orange instead of pink however.)

      I can't wait for a few more of you to take on the sewing project. I
      estimate the sewing takes about an hour and a half for the hammock,
      an additional hour to two hours for the tarp.

      Rick <><