Re: Nest

  • ccp5655
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 4, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy" <nafister@h...> wrote:
      > Anyone interested in the nest by Jacks 'r' Better? I survived bad
      rain in Indiana last weekend and stayed high and dry in my Hennessey
      and a MacTarp.

      I have seen several references to the MacCat tarp or MacTarp, but I
      can't find anything else about them. Can someone point me to some
      additional information about them? Why are you using them instead of
      the regular Hennessy rain fly?

      Thanks,
      Clark
    • Brian MacMillin
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
        Here is are 2 links about my MacCat tarps and pictures. I will soon be
        getting a "real" address, and hopefully make them available directly on
        the website.

        www.geocities.com/outdoorequipmentsupplier
        http://home.hvc.rr.com/outdoorequipment

        If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me.

        Best Regards,
        Brian MacMillin
        OutdoorEquipmentSupplier
        Oes @* hvc.rr.com

        > Anyone interested in the nest by Jacks 'r' Better? I survived bad
        rain in Indiana last weekend and stayed high and dry in my Hennessey
        and a MacTarp.

        I have seen several references to the MacCat tarp or MacTarp, but I
        can't find anything else about them. Can someone point me to some
        additional information about them? Why are you using them instead of
        the regular Hennessy rain fly?

        Thanks,
        Clark

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Nancy
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
          Brian Macmillin makes them and his email is oes@...
          For a high school kid, trying to earn money to go to college he does darn
          good work! Catenary cuts on the tarp make them more stable in the wind.
          Nancy
          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy" <nafister@h...> wrote:
          > > Anyone interested in the nest by Jacks 'r' Better? I survived bad
          > rain in Indiana last weekend and stayed high and dry in my Hennessey
          > and a MacTarp.
          >
          > I have seen several references to the MacCat tarp or MacTarp, but I
          > can't find anything else about them. Can someone point me to some
          > additional information about them? Why are you using them instead of
          > the regular Hennessy rain fly?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Clark
        • firefly

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "firefly" <firefly@e...> wrote:
              > Clark,
              > Plug "MacCat" into the archives and read posts in February and March
              about
              > several of us raving about them. Also, look in the photos section
              here. In a
              > nutshell, they shed rain and wind much better than the HH tarp, and
              don't
              > have that obnoxious wind flap noise. The pics I posted are under gusty
              > winds, and there was no noise.
              > Marsanne

              Thanks everyone. I had tried a search of the archives, but I guess I
              didn't get back far enough.

              Clark
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
                ccp5655 wrote:

                >Thanks everyone. I had tried a search of the archives, but I guess I
                >didn't get back far enough.
                >
                >Clark

                Hi Clark,

                For *much* easier long term searching of the list you might want to try:

                http://news.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.culture.backpacking

                Rick
              • Mirage
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004

                  > For *much* easier long term searching of the list you might want to try:
                  >
                  > http://news.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.culture.backpacking
                  >
                  > Rick

                  Unfortunately, I only got hammockcammping started on Gmane in early May.

                  If anyone has saved the email archives from this list, I (or Rick I imagine) can get them
                  imported into Gmane for our searching pleasure.

                  Shane "Mirage"...
                • firefly
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004

                    Friends,

                    It annoys me that we keep getting spammed, but here is what I have learned: The jerks that do this hit and run and don’t care if we’re mad, or if they’re banned. They only care that we respond. So it makes sense to me that we all do our best to bite our tongues, do not respond at all, and let Ed just delete and block. Maybe that will work. A computer geek friend of mine told me it should.

                    Marsanne

                  • Brian MacMillin
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004

                      And the greatest part is that it was a dead link…..

                      Best Regards,

                      Brian MacMillin

                      OutdoorEquipmentSupplier

                      oes@...

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
                        Since they send out a lot of the spam blindly (not the list ones,
                        but personal) if you respond then they now know they have a live
                        target, especiallly if you respond to their don't bother me reply.
                        Its insidious. best to grit your teeth and ignore, and never never
                        ever use any product so advertised, they only do it because it works
                        for drumming up business.
                        Ralph

                        > Friends,
                        > It annoys me that we keep getting spammed, but here is what I have
                        learned:
                        > The jerks that do this hit and run and don't care if we're mad, or
                        if they'
                        > re banned. They only care that we respond. So it makes sense to me
                        that we
                        > all do our best to bite our tongues, do not respond at all, and
                        let Ed just
                        > delete and block. Maybe that will work. A computer geek friend of
                        mine told
                        > me it should.
                        > Marsanne
                      • SF Nazdarovye
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
                          I'm starting to wonder if they've cracked the Yahoo group signup
                          process with a dictionary attack (basically, signing up lots of random
                          addresses with short words from the dictionary - just like the ones
                          embedded in the graphic you have to read to sign up for a group - until
                          they get through by chance). Otherwise, someone's sure got a lot of
                          time on their hands...

                          Either way, I hope companies and the government get serious about
                          stopping spam asap - the CAN-SPAM act was a joke.