Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: returning to hiking

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
      > I posted some time back about my summer in Venezula, sleeping in a
      > wide, cotton hammock on my stomach.
      >
      > The key is the diagonal positioning, or the ability to flip over
      > while in it and sleep "upside down".

      Agreed. Part of the problem I see with persons new to hammocking is that
      they are afraid they are going to fall. Once you get over that idea and
      just roll around like you would in a normal bed instead of trying to be SO
      careful then it's a lot easier to find a comfortable place.

      Shane (not Mirage)
    • dksierra
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
        Wow! thanks for the ideas everyone. I had been looking at the
        Speer site and thinking about the Hennesey A-sym too. Then when I
        happened upon this group I thought I'd learn alot if I took the time
        to read the archives before I made another purchase. I read about
        sleeping on the diagonal before I got the Clark but I didn't realize
        what an impact that would make on comfort. Experience is a great
        teacher! But even with being a little cold and having to sleep on
        my back, I was more comfortable than on the ground.
        Kim