Re: Hammock Camping Sleep Pads

  • Ed Speer <info@speerhammocks.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 10, 2003
      I've also had the buckle problems Marge referred to. I often solve
      the problem by putting one or more of my pads inside the Pea Pod
      shell so they lie outside the hammock. I favor the comfort of the
      hammock without a pad inside anyway; but it is warmer if the pad is
      inside. So I let the temperature tell me where to put the pad/s. Of
      course folks without the Pea Pod or Bear's 'double bottom' hammock
      can't do this. And such a wide pad is difficult to fold/roll and
      stuff into a pack. So I use wide liner pads for car camping and
      multiple narrow pads for hiking.
      Ed

    • PUDSCRAWLER@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
        Ed, I have a question for you.

        When I purchased my hammock (Gathering '04), you mentioned that you had one
        hanging in your bedroom or the like.

        I would like to set mine up that way too, but I need to know how.

        None of my walls (plaster in 125-year-old farm house) are the correct
        distance from one another. In other words, the hammock would have to hang "catty
        corner" from two adjoining walls. I weigh 180. How could I do this in such a
        way that the hammock would not fail?

        Thanks,

        Sawnie Robertson