[Hammock Camping] Re: returning to hiking

  • Mirage
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Shane" <shane@t...> wrote:
      > > I haven't been in the Clark, but sleeping on your stomach
      probably
      > > won't be comfortable in any hammock.
      >
      > I am primarily a stomach and side sleeper and I am entirely
      comfortable in a
      > Hennessy. From the pictures I've seen, I think I'd do just fine
      in a Speer
      > if it were long enough.
      >
      > Shane (not Mirage)

      Ditto. side and stomach for me too.

      I posted some time back about my summer in Venezula, sleeping in a
      wide, cotton hammock on my stomach.

      The key is the diagonal positioning, or the ability to flip over
      while in it and sleep "upside down".

      Shane "Mirage"...
    • Shane
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
        > I posted some time back about my summer in Venezula, sleeping in a
        > wide, cotton hammock on my stomach.
        >
        > The key is the diagonal positioning, or the ability to flip over
        > while in it and sleep "upside down".

        Agreed. Part of the problem I see with persons new to hammocking is that
        they are afraid they are going to fall. Once you get over that idea and
        just roll around like you would in a normal bed instead of trying to be SO
        careful then it's a lot easier to find a comfortable place.

        Shane (not Mirage)
      • dksierra
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
          Wow! thanks for the ideas everyone. I had been looking at the
          Speer site and thinking about the Hennesey A-sym too. Then when I
          happened upon this group I thought I'd learn alot if I took the time
          to read the archives before I made another purchase. I read about
          sleeping on the diagonal before I got the Clark but I didn't realize
          what an impact that would make on comfort. Experience is a great
          teacher! But even with being a little cold and having to sleep on
          my back, I was more comfortable than on the ground.
          Kim