Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: returning to hiking

  • karens62@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
      > I haven't been in the Clark, but sleeping on your stomach probably
      > won't be comfortable in any hammock.

      I sleep on my stomach about 50% of the time in my Speer Hammock. Just one more reason to try to borrow one from a friend if you are unsure of what is comfortable for you.

      Karen
    • Mirage
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Shane" <shane@t...> wrote:
        > > I haven't been in the Clark, but sleeping on your stomach
        probably
        > > won't be comfortable in any hammock.
        >
        > I am primarily a stomach and side sleeper and I am entirely
        comfortable in a
        > Hennessy. From the pictures I've seen, I think I'd do just fine
        in a Speer
        > if it were long enough.
        >
        > Shane (not Mirage)

        Ditto. side and stomach for me too.

        I posted some time back about my summer in Venezula, sleeping in a
        wide, cotton hammock on my stomach.

        The key is the diagonal positioning, or the ability to flip over
        while in it and sleep "upside down".

        Shane "Mirage"...
      • Shane
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
          > I posted some time back about my summer in Venezula, sleeping in a
          > wide, cotton hammock on my stomach.
          >
          > The key is the diagonal positioning, or the ability to flip over
          > while in it and sleep "upside down".

          Agreed. Part of the problem I see with persons new to hammocking is that
          they are afraid they are going to fall. Once you get over that idea and
          just roll around like you would in a normal bed instead of trying to be SO
          careful then it's a lot easier to find a comfortable place.

          Shane (not Mirage)
        • dksierra
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
            Wow! thanks for the ideas everyone. I had been looking at the
            Speer site and thinking about the Hennesey A-sym too. Then when I
            happened upon this group I thought I'd learn alot if I took the time
            to read the archives before I made another purchase. I read about
            sleeping on the diagonal before I got the Clark but I didn't realize
            what an impact that would make on comfort. Experience is a great
            teacher! But even with being a little cold and having to sleep on
            my back, I was more comfortable than on the ground.
            Kim