Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: returning to hiking

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
      > I haven't been in the Clark, but sleeping on your stomach probably
      > won't be comfortable in any hammock.

      I am primarily a stomach and side sleeper and I am entirely comfortable in a
      Hennessy. From the pictures I've seen, I think I'd do just fine in a Speer
      if it were long enough.

      Shane (not Mirage)
    • karens62@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
        > I haven't been in the Clark, but sleeping on your stomach probably
        > won't be comfortable in any hammock.

        I sleep on my stomach about 50% of the time in my Speer Hammock. Just one more reason to try to borrow one from a friend if you are unsure of what is comfortable for you.

        Karen
      • Mirage
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Shane" <shane@t...> wrote:
          > > I haven't been in the Clark, but sleeping on your stomach
          probably
          > > won't be comfortable in any hammock.
          >
          > I am primarily a stomach and side sleeper and I am entirely
          comfortable in a
          > Hennessy. From the pictures I've seen, I think I'd do just fine
          in a Speer
          > if it were long enough.
          >
          > Shane (not Mirage)

          Ditto. side and stomach for me too.

          I posted some time back about my summer in Venezula, sleeping in a
          wide, cotton hammock on my stomach.

          The key is the diagonal positioning, or the ability to flip over
          while in it and sleep "upside down".

          Shane "Mirage"...
        • Shane
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
            > I posted some time back about my summer in Venezula, sleeping in a
            > wide, cotton hammock on my stomach.
            >
            > The key is the diagonal positioning, or the ability to flip over
            > while in it and sleep "upside down".

            Agreed. Part of the problem I see with persons new to hammocking is that
            they are afraid they are going to fall. Once you get over that idea and
            just roll around like you would in a normal bed instead of trying to be SO
            careful then it's a lot easier to find a comfortable place.

            Shane (not Mirage)
          • dksierra
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
              Wow! thanks for the ideas everyone. I had been looking at the
              Speer site and thinking about the Hennesey A-sym too. Then when I
              happened upon this group I thought I'd learn alot if I took the time
              to read the archives before I made another purchase. I read about
              sleeping on the diagonal before I got the Clark but I didn't realize
              what an impact that would make on comfort. Experience is a great
              teacher! But even with being a little cold and having to sleep on
              my back, I was more comfortable than on the ground.
              Kim