Re: returning to hiking

  • dksierra
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
      Kathy
      I'm definately going to take you up on that this fall; we will be
      leaving for Michigan soon and will return just in time for school to
      start in August. I hope you have a great trip; I love the west!
      Kim

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy" <kathykantz@s...>
      wrote:
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dksierra" <torres3@c...>
      > wrote:
      > > And I wanted to say "hi" to Ragamuffin from Indiana; I live on
      the
      > > south side of Indianapolis and the Knobstone is one of my
      favorite
      > > places to get away for a while. > Kim
      >

      > Hi Kim! I'm on the south side too. Give me a holler if you want
      > to hike sometime. I do a lot of dayhiking as well. My own
      daughter
      > is 19 and her idea of hiking is walking from one store to the
      other
      > at Greenwood Park Mall. But she's a fine young lady, I can't
      > complain. I'm sure your daughter is a great source of joy for you.
      >
      > I still have not finished the bug net. Hopefully tonight.
      > I'm taking a big trip out west here in a couple of weeks. Not
      > a hiking trip, but we will do some car camping, so I'm taking
      > the hammock.
      >
      > Kathy
    • Ray Garlington
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
        wrote:
        > I was considering getting another
        > hammock because I'm really a front and side sleeper and the Clark
        > doesn't seem to excel in those areas.

        I haven't been in the Clark, but sleeping on your stomach probably
        won't be comfortable in any hammock.
      • Bill Fornshell
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
          Hi, I have a Speer Hammock and use a Target Blue
          sleeping pad with it. The sleeping pad lets me sleep
          on my side very nicely. Bill

          http://messenger.yahoo.com/