Re: returning to hiking

  • Kathy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dksierra" <torres3@c...>
      wrote:
      > And I wanted to say "hi" to Ragamuffin from Indiana; I live on the
      > south side of Indianapolis and the Knobstone is one of my favorite
      > places to get away for a while. > Kim

      Hi Kim! I'm on the south side too. Give me a holler if you want
      to hike sometime. I do a lot of dayhiking as well. My own daughter
      is 19 and her idea of hiking is walking from one store to the other
      at Greenwood Park Mall. But she's a fine young lady, I can't
      complain. I'm sure your daughter is a great source of joy for you.

      I still have not finished the bug net. Hopefully tonight.
      I'm taking a big trip out west here in a couple of weeks. Not
      a hiking trip, but we will do some car camping, so I'm taking
      the hammock.

      Kathy
    • dksierra
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
        Kathy
        I'm definately going to take you up on that this fall; we will be
        leaving for Michigan soon and will return just in time for school to
        start in August. I hope you have a great trip; I love the west!
        Kim

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy" <kathykantz@s...>
        wrote:
        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dksierra" <torres3@c...>
        > wrote:
        > > And I wanted to say "hi" to Ragamuffin from Indiana; I live on
        the
        > > south side of Indianapolis and the Knobstone is one of my
        favorite
        > > places to get away for a while. > Kim
        >

        > Hi Kim! I'm on the south side too. Give me a holler if you want
        > to hike sometime. I do a lot of dayhiking as well. My own
        daughter
        > is 19 and her idea of hiking is walking from one store to the
        other
        > at Greenwood Park Mall. But she's a fine young lady, I can't
        > complain. I'm sure your daughter is a great source of joy for you.
        >
        > I still have not finished the bug net. Hopefully tonight.
        > I'm taking a big trip out west here in a couple of weeks. Not
        > a hiking trip, but we will do some car camping, so I'm taking
        > the hammock.
        >
        > Kathy
      • Ray Garlington
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
          wrote:
          > I was considering getting another
          > hammock because I'm really a front and side sleeper and the Clark
          > doesn't seem to excel in those areas.

          I haven't been in the Clark, but sleeping on your stomach probably
          won't be comfortable in any hammock.
        • Bill Fornshell
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
            Hi, I have a Speer Hammock and use a Target Blue
            sleeping pad with it. The sleeping pad lets me sleep
            on my side very nicely. Bill

            http://messenger.yahoo.com/