returning to hiking

  • dksierra
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
      I have just recently been lucky enough to find this list and am
      really enjoying reading the archives.
      I have not gotten to hike for the last few years, since the birth of
      my daughter, and have recently decided to get back to at least some
      of the things I have always loved. Just before I stopped hiking I
      got a Clark Jungle hammock and only had a few chances to use it. I
      slept pretty cold and so will really be benefiting from the
      discussions on the underquilts. I was considering getting another
      hammock because I'm really a front and side sleeper and the Clark
      doesn't seem to excel in those areas.

      And I wanted to say "hi" to Ragamuffin from Indiana; I live on the
      south side of Indianapolis and the Knobstone is one of my favorite
      places to get away for a while. I hope your experiements with your
      new hammocks are going well. I may be trying to decifer the
      Hennesey illustrations soon myself! (I definately won't be sewing
      anything as I failed sewing in junior high school)
      Kim
    • Kathy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dksierra" <torres3@c...>
        wrote:
        > And I wanted to say "hi" to Ragamuffin from Indiana; I live on the
        > south side of Indianapolis and the Knobstone is one of my favorite
        > places to get away for a while. > Kim

        Hi Kim! I'm on the south side too. Give me a holler if you want
        to hike sometime. I do a lot of dayhiking as well. My own daughter
        is 19 and her idea of hiking is walking from one store to the other
        at Greenwood Park Mall. But she's a fine young lady, I can't
        complain. I'm sure your daughter is a great source of joy for you.

        I still have not finished the bug net. Hopefully tonight.
        I'm taking a big trip out west here in a couple of weeks. Not
        a hiking trip, but we will do some car camping, so I'm taking
        the hammock.

        Kathy
      • dksierra
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
          Kathy
          I'm definately going to take you up on that this fall; we will be
          leaving for Michigan soon and will return just in time for school to
          start in August. I hope you have a great trip; I love the west!
          Kim

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy" <kathykantz@s...>
          wrote:
          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dksierra" <torres3@c...>
          > wrote:
          > > And I wanted to say "hi" to Ragamuffin from Indiana; I live on
          the
          > > south side of Indianapolis and the Knobstone is one of my
          favorite
          > > places to get away for a while. > Kim
          >

          > Hi Kim! I'm on the south side too. Give me a holler if you want
          > to hike sometime. I do a lot of dayhiking as well. My own
          daughter
          > is 19 and her idea of hiking is walking from one store to the
          other
          > at Greenwood Park Mall. But she's a fine young lady, I can't
          > complain. I'm sure your daughter is a great source of joy for you.
          >
          > I still have not finished the bug net. Hopefully tonight.
          > I'm taking a big trip out west here in a couple of weeks. Not
          > a hiking trip, but we will do some car camping, so I'm taking
          > the hammock.
          >
          > Kathy
        • Ray Garlington
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
            wrote:
            > I was considering getting another
            > hammock because I'm really a front and side sleeper and the Clark
            > doesn't seem to excel in those areas.

            I haven't been in the Clark, but sleeping on your stomach probably
            won't be comfortable in any hammock.
          • Bill Fornshell
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
              Hi, I have a Speer Hammock and use a Target Blue
              sleeping pad with it. The sleeping pad lets me sleep
              on my side very nicely. Bill

              http://messenger.yahoo.com/