Re: Smoother Login for Hammock-L

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1 9:54 PM
      I just bookmarked this and come right in, every couple of days it
      politly asks for a password.
      I have a bookmark for all the active groups because the email options
      just don't fit me. Once in I scan the subject list or hit expand to
      see them all.
      Ralph

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dlfrost_1" <dlfrost@a...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Kids!
      >
      > If you're a user in the U.S. accessing the Yahoo webpages to read
      the messages in this list, try the following link in place of
      whatever you've been using...

      http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.intl=us&.src=ygrp&.done=http://g
      roups.yahoo.com/mygroups%2F

      > (You'll need to unwap it first, probably.) This will take you
      right to the login screen, and thence directly to the My Groups
      page, avoiding all the rest in between. Oh Joy!

      > Doug Frost
    • dlfrost_1
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2 10:34 AM
        <polecatpop@y...> wrote:
        > I just bookmarked this and come right in, every couple of days it
        > politly asks for a password.
        > I have a bookmark for all the active groups because the email
        options
        > just don't fit me. Once in I scan the subject list or hit expand to
        > see them all.
        > Ralph

        Yea, that's even better if you only have the Hammock-L to read, or if
        you just want to see what's up here only. I have more than one list
        on Yahoo I keep up with though, so I tend to go to My Groups and pop
        each one up in turn to read. Anyway, whatever nukes the
        advertising...

        D.F.
      • Ralph Oborn
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2 4:18 PM
          I have a bookmark for each, what other lists should I be monitoring?

          wrote:
          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Oborn"
          > <polecatpop@y...> wrote:
          > > I just bookmarked this and come right in, every couple of days
          it
          > > politly asks for a password.
          > > I have a bookmark for all the active groups because the email
          > options
          > > just don't fit me. Once in I scan the subject list or hit expand
          > > see them all.
          > > Ralph
          >
          > Yea, that's even better if you only have the Hammock-L to read, or
          if
          > you just want to see what's up here only. I have more than one
          list
          > on Yahoo I keep up with though, so I tend to go to My Groups and
          pop
          > each one up in turn to read. Anyway, whatever nukes the
          > advertising...
          >
          > D.F.
        • dlfrost_1
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3 1:32 AM
            <polecatpop@y...> wrote:
            > I have a bookmark for each, what other lists should I be monitoring?
            > Ralph

            Well, there are hundreds of mail lists hosted by Yahoo, and the same
            over at Topica. Just hit the main page at groups.yahoo.com and
            search whatever you're into. Whatever it is you can probably find a
            list, board or group for it somewhere on the net.

            Doug Frost