Smoother Login for Hammock-L

  • dlfrost_1
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi Kids!

      If you're a user in the U.S. accessing the Yahoo webpages to read the
      messages in this list, try the following link in place of whatever
      you've been using...

      http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.intl=us&.src=ygrp&.done=http://gr
      oups.yahoo.com/mygroups%2F

      (You'll need to unwap it first, probably.) This will take you right
      to the login screen, and thence directly to the My Groups page,
      avoiding all the rest in between. Oh Joy!

      Doug Frost
    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
        I just bookmarked this and come right in, every couple of days it
        politly asks for a password.
        I have a bookmark for all the active groups because the email options
        just don't fit me. Once in I scan the subject list or hit expand to
        see them all.
        Ralph

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dlfrost_1" <dlfrost@a...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Kids!
        >
        > If you're a user in the U.S. accessing the Yahoo webpages to read
        the messages in this list, try the following link in place of
        whatever you've been using...

        http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.intl=us&.src=ygrp&.done=http://g
        roups.yahoo.com/mygroups%2F

        > (You'll need to unwap it first, probably.) This will take you
        right to the login screen, and thence directly to the My Groups
        page, avoiding all the rest in between. Oh Joy!

        > Doug Frost
      • dlfrost_1
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
          <polecatpop@y...> wrote:
          > I just bookmarked this and come right in, every couple of days it
          > politly asks for a password.
          > I have a bookmark for all the active groups because the email
          options
          > just don't fit me. Once in I scan the subject list or hit expand to
          > see them all.
          > Ralph

          Yea, that's even better if you only have the Hammock-L to read, or if
          you just want to see what's up here only. I have more than one list
          on Yahoo I keep up with though, so I tend to go to My Groups and pop
          each one up in turn to read. Anyway, whatever nukes the
          advertising...

          D.F.
        • Ralph Oborn
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
            I have a bookmark for each, what other lists should I be monitoring?

            wrote:
            > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Oborn"
            > <polecatpop@y...> wrote:
            > > I just bookmarked this and come right in, every couple of days
            it
            > > politly asks for a password.
            > > I have a bookmark for all the active groups because the email
            > options
            > > just don't fit me. Once in I scan the subject list or hit expand
            > > see them all.
            > > Ralph
            >
            > Yea, that's even better if you only have the Hammock-L to read, or
            if
            > you just want to see what's up here only. I have more than one
            list
            > on Yahoo I keep up with though, so I tend to go to My Groups and
            pop
            > each one up in turn to read. Anyway, whatever nukes the
            > advertising...
            >
            > D.F.
          • dlfrost_1
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
              <polecatpop@y...> wrote:
              > I have a bookmark for each, what other lists should I be monitoring?
              > Ralph

              Well, there are hundreds of mail lists hosted by Yahoo, and the same
              over at Topica. Just hit the main page at groups.yahoo.com and
              search whatever you're into. Whatever it is you can probably find a
              list, board or group for it somewhere on the net.

              Doug Frost