Re: New Underquilt

  • Nancy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      I, too, was lucky enough to get one of the underquilts from JacksRBetter. I
      took mine home with me after Trail Days and experimented with it here at
      home.
      This past weekend I went camping with my local bike club at Turkey Run state
      park in IN. We had rain, we had wind, we had miserable weather and I stayed
      high and dry in my HH and the underquilt.
      It is a real quality piece of work. these guys did their homework and came
      up with a really remarkable product. You can check out some pictures on
      Whiteblaze. I am VERY happy with mine.
      Nancy

      > I just thought i'd let everybody know my thoughts on my new peter
      > pan underquilt.I recieved this last week and consider myself lucky to
      > have gotten one this early in the game.I've been reading and waiting
      > for someone to perfect an underquilt for the hennessey hammock. Well,
      > i can tell you that time has arrived. As i opened the box and looked
      > at it, at first glance i thought it was a quilt.Then i looked a
      > little closer and saw the opening for the bottom of the hammock. This
      > opening actually velcros right to the hennessey opening.A full
      > inspection revealed excellent workmanship. A simple design that
      > struck me as why did it take so long for someone to come up with this
      > idea. I went down to the basement to try it on and saw that it fit
      > the hammock quite nicely. I couldn't tell how snug it would be until
      > i got someone in it to do the final adjustments. I followed the
      > directions to the letter, on mounting. I was going on an overnighter
      > on the AT so i decided to give it a try. I took along my blue pad
      > just in case. When we got to the campsite i asked for a volunteer to
      > try the hammock out. Everyone was curious so it wasn't hard to get a
      > volunteer.When they got in it i looked at the adjustments and the
      > damn thing was damn near perfect. As night fell i couldn't wait to
      > get in so i went to bed early. I figured i'd try it with no pad and
      > if i needed it i would stick it in later.I crawled in and used ed
      > speers new top blanket as my top layer. Needless to say i was "snug
      > as a bug in a rug". It was 41 degrees in the morning and i didn't
      > feel a bit of it.No cold spots, and way more comfortable on the
      > fabric than on the pad.This quilt gets top billing in my books. Ive
      > been watching and waiting for one of these and it finally came about.
      > Thank you Jack Teir. I would recommend this product to anyone. If you
      > have been waiting like me then the time has come. Hennessey hammock
      > people now have an underquilt that actually works. I also took the
      > advise of using it as a down vest in the morning and yes it doubles
      > as a vest.it looks somewhat strange as a vest but it is quite
      > warm.You can see pictures of it on whiteblaze.com under peter pan in
      > the photo sec.

    • Alan Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2004
        I have been following the messages on under-quilts for some time.
        Who do I contact to buy one of these JacksRBetter underquilts for my
        HH?
        Thanks
        Alan
      • JackWMyers