OT: Using .Mac??

  • Mirage
    Message 1 of 30 , May 31, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Fornshell"
      <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
      > Mirage, I have been thinking about getting .Mac. I would have to
      > upgrade to Mac OS X something as I now run OS 9.1. That means
      buying
      > the newest Mac OS ($100+) and then subscribing to .Mac ($=?). I
      don't
      > have a web page or anything like it and what you did with the Gear
      > Making weekend looks nice. What is the "Journal" feature like?
      > Thanks. Bill

      Honestly, I've only played with the "homepage" feature and while
      it's nice for integration with iPhoto and uploading albums, I've not
      played with the advanced features that let me edit html or upload my
      own html content.

      The "jury" is still out on it for me. The cost is $99.95 for a
      year, which is not bad for hosting and the other features.

      I have a Mac (OSX), WinXP, and Linux based computers at home, all of
      which I use in various forms and manners. I can connect to my .mac
      account from my WinXP and Linux computers via browser and can
      connect to my iDisk data from both as mapped drives as well.

      The trial is 60 days for free, minus some features, so give it a
      shot. I didn't think it required a mac OSX to get an account, only
      to integrate the iLife tools (iPhoto, iDisk, etc...)

      Shane "Mirage"...